As a nation with a commitment to family reunification and keeping loved ones together. However, Canada offers several immigration programs. It gives Canadians the opportunity to sponsor their family members to Canada. In this article, we will provide you with all the answers to your questions regarding your doubts. So let us discuss the whole details about sponsorship.
Who is eligible to sponsor a family for Canada PR
To sponsor a family member, you must meet minimum eligibility requirements. These are the some eligible sponsors –
- Must be a Canadian citizen and permanent resident
- Also, be 18 years old at least
- Apart from this, live in Canada, or plan to return to Canada once your spouse or partner becomes a permanent Canadian resident.
- Moreover, be able and willing to provide for the basic financial needs of your family member at least for three years.
Example of who can sponsor
As a couple Sponsoring your mother and father together –
You can sponsor your parents together if they are a couple. On the other hand, the application must designate one of them as the main applicant. It is also called the principal applicant. Apart from this others will be designated as a dependent.
Remember: once the application is submitted you can not change the parent and grandparents
- Suppose first you designate your mother as the principal applicant you will be dependent
- If you designate your father as the principal applicant your mother will be dependent.
Requirements to sponsor a spouse for Canada PR from India
Below are some requirements to sponsor a spouse in Canada
- The age should be at least 18 years old.
- Also, a Canadian citizen registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian India Act or a permanent resident.
- Apart from these living in Canada
- Moreover, you can prove that you are not receiving social assistance for reasons other than a disability.
How to sponsor your parents and grandparents for Canada PR?
- If you are invited to apply to sponsor your parents and grandparents, these are the 2 application
- First and important must apply to become a sponsor
- The second point is that your parents and grandparents must apply for permanent residence
- At the same time Submit both the sponsorship and the permanent residence applications online.
- Moreover, you must submit your application by 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time.
Step-by-step process to sponsor family members for Canada PR
Step 1: Apply and get an invitation
- For parents and grandparents, We randomly select and invite potential sponsors to apply to sponsor
- For the 2023 intake, we invite potential sponsors from the remaining pool of interest to sponsor.
- However October 10 and 23, 2023 we sent 24,200 invitations to apply. But our main goal is to accept up to 15000 complete applications
- If you are invited to apply we will email you using the email address you put on your 2020 interest.
Step.2 Fill out the online application
- If you are invited to apply the principal applicant must apply
- Permanent residence( when you apply by yourself)
- Representative permanent residence( when you are using a representative)
Remember: if more than one parent and grandparent is applying on their own as principal applicants. Moreover, you must create your portal account and electronically sign.
Step 3 pay the application fee
You have to pay online fees
- Processing fees- you just need to pay processing fees for you.
- Right of permanent residence fee- In most cases, you need to pay the right of permanent residence fee after the application is approved.
- Biometrics fees- in most cases, you will pay a biometric fee when applying. However, this fee covers the cost of collecting fingerprints and digital photo.
- Third-party fees- it depends on your situation, you may need to pay third parties for this reason: Your medical exam, Police certificate
Step 4 submit an online application
- Make sure before you submit an application
- Fill in all the answers on the forms
- Sign your application electronically.
- Include processing fee receipt
- Upload all the supporting documents
However, if your application still needs to be completed we will send you a request letter to submit. Therefore you will have 30 days to submit the missing documents
Moreover, follow the instructions in the request letter you receive for details. If after 30 days your application is still incomplete we will return the application, it will not be processed
Step 5 send us additional information while processing
A person must submit their sponsor during the processing
- Medical exams
- Police certificate
How long does sponsorship take
Sponsorship applications take a minimum of 12 months to process from start to finish. However, it was processed within 12 months. But it can take longer depending on the nature of your case.
Moreover, if you have a complicated case or the visa officer requires additional proof of your relationship.
However, the best way to ensure your sponsorship application is processed quickly. The lawyers and legal professionals in Canada have helped thousands of spousal sponsors.
Overall sponsorship for Canada PR from India is easy. Anyone can get it after following the above details. Also must follow precautions while doing these processes.
Frequently asked questions
How many relatives can sponsor Canada?
There is no limit to the number of eligible family members a Canadian permanent resident. But applicant must submit a separate application for each eligible family
How can I check the status of my sponsorship application?
If you applied for spousal, common law, or dependent child sponsorship you can track your status easily with the help of Canada’s permanent residence application tracker portal
Is there any deadline for Canadian sponsorship
Eligible Canadian citizens and permanent residents may apply to sponsor at any time.
But remember candidates applying to sponsor their parents and grandparents must invite them to do so and apply within the due date.