Bringing families together is a shared dream, that dream can become a reality at your fingertips with the “Canada Super Visa.”
Canada is the best country to live in for several reasons. It is amazingly known for its unique culture, diversity, and peace all around the country. One of the safest and secure countries, Canada, offers numerous opportunities for the citizens and being the main reason so many residents and citizens wish to bring their parents and grandparents to this beautiful country.
Throughout this article, we will walk you about what is Canada Super Visa, how it is different from other Visa’s and some other benefits of it.
What is a Canada Super Visa?
A Visa which allows the parents and grandparents of permanent residence living in Canada is referred as the term “Canada Super Visa.” An individual must be the parent or grandparent of either a person living in Canada or they should be a permanent Canadian citizen, in order to be eligible for a Super Visa. It allows the citizens to visit them in Canada for up to 2 years at a time. This Visa also provides multiple entries in Canada for up to 10 years which is referred to as “Multi Entry Super Visa.”
Eligibility criteria for Canada Super Visa
If you are a parent or grandparent seeking to visit your children or grandchildren residing in Canada, “Canadian Super Visa Program” have got you covered. It provides specific provisions and many advantages for parents and grandparents of it.
For reunification with your child or grandchild in Canada through the Canada Super Visa, it is important to understand the eligibility criteria.
- First, Foremost and the most important thing a parent/grandparent is that they must establish their genuine and loving relationship with their Canadian inviter or sponsor who is their child or grandchild.
- Persons who are not the permanent resident of Canada but are the parents or grandparents of a Canadian and wanted to stay in Canada for a period of 6 months or less than that they must apply for “A Canada Visitor Visa.”
- The fees for processing of the application of a Visitor Visa is from CAD 100 by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC). This processing time will differ from country to country, biometrics must be provided.
Additionally, an individual who wishes to go to Canada, they must also have assigned an invitation letter with them from their child or grandchild who wishes to invite them to Canada. This invitation letter is not a guarantee that a visitor Visa will be issued but it is only a means of letting the Visa offices if they meet the terms and conditions of the immigration law of Canada.
- Financial requirements are another important and crucial aspect of this eligibility criteria. The minimum gross income of the child or grandchild that is inviting their parents or grandparents should be $25, 921 for one single person and for two persons it should be $32, 270.
- Among the various factors that are taken into consideration at the time of providing the Visa are that the person which is being invited to Canada should be a genuine visitor that will genuinely be leaving the country when their visiting time ends.
- Some other factors included are: The purpose of visit, relationship or ties between them, the overall economic and political conditions of the home country.
Requirements for Parent Super Visa in Canada
You must be meeting the criteria requirements in order to get a Parent Super Visa in Canada:
- A person should be at least 18 years of age
- Be a citizen living in Canada
- The person being sponsored should belong to a family class
- The person must have essentials and sufficient income to meet the needs of the family members in Canada and the person being sponsored.
Essential Documents Required
The relevant documents required by an applicant to obtain Visa are:
- Proof of financial support like bank statements
- An application to sponsor
- Generic Canada application form
- A letter of invitation
- information on past travels
- All other relevant mentioned documents
How is Canada Super Visa different From a Multiple Entry Visa from Canada?
It is important to distinguish the differences between the Canada Super Visa and a Multiple Entry Visa.
Multiple Entry Visa is also a type of Canada super Visa which provides multiple entries that is one or more person entering into Canada and living with their child/ grandchild for up to 10 years. But in Canada Super Visa without having the Multiple Entry Visa an individual can only stay for up to 2 years in Canada at a time. A multiple Entry Visa of 10 years on the other hand only has 6 months of status period into Canada for each entry.
However, there are more terms and conditions that must be fulfilled in order to get a Super Visa.
Super Visa Application process:
Going through the Super Visa application process may see confusing at first, but with the right path, it can be a smooth and a manageable experience. This section will provide a step-by-step guide of the application process, making sure you have a clear understanding of each stage with necessary requirements.
1. Gather required documents – The very first step is to gather all the necessary documents which includes a proof of your relationship with your Canadian sponsor, such as birth certificate, marriage certificate, adoption paper, bank statements, tax returns, and employment letters.
2. Complete application forms once you have gathered all the necessary documents – This step requires you to fill all the forms accurately and thoroughly which typically includes your personal details, past travel history, and details about the person who is inviting you to Canada.
3. Pay application fees – Once all the application forms are completed, you will be required to pay the application fees. However, the fees may vary and it can be made by online methods or by bank draft, depending on the instructions provided by the visa office which is handling your application.
4. Submit application – Once all the documents have been collected, Application forms are completed, and fees has been paid you are all good to go to submit your Super Visa application. Submit the application either by mail or in person at the visa application centre or visa office which has been designated to you.
5. Wait for processing –
Once the application is submitted successfully, it enters the phase of processing. However, the processing time may vary totally depending upon various factors such as accuracy of your application, completeness of your application and the number of applications.
By following the above-mentioned steps, you can easily navigate through the procedure of the Super Visa application process confidently.
If you want to bring your loved ones to Canada and you need assistance. Feel free to contact Wider World Immigration, the one stop solution for immigration, for all your Immigration related requirements to make it smoother for you in one go.